What's new

Post your dream bikes!

I want this!

I didn't have a dream bike to add to the list, as like Philip, I already have my dream bike - a Cervelo P2C. :cool:

But that was until I saw this P3C Limited Edition. I am a big fan of Cancellara, the Swiss Spartacus. But I am probably not worthy of such a slick frame. :eek:

Keren

Something unique . . .

The Boardman TT Elite was designed by Dimitris Katsanis, creator of the bikes that carried the British team to total dominance at the 2008 track world's:

CYP212.biketest.bman5_prev-400-75.jpg

Nice . . .

Philip

Armani

I think most of you won't approve but I kinda like this Aramani dream bike made by Bianchi

Armani_Bicycle_2005_Bianchi.jpg

It looks best when ridden in full uniform

Armani.Bicycle.2005.jpg

(I'm just bored--why is it raining so much!?:()

Very cool indeed & nice making your acquaintance Val.

Wow, I'm impressed...you seem to know a whole lot more about the Belgian cycling scene than I do (I suppose I've been in this country too long...).

Congratulations also on the awe-inspiring team you have launched - managing a team like this is no small feat and I hope you can attract strong BR-1 level members for the good of Belgium too !

Wouldn't mind test-riding one of them Museeuw flax bikes (...yes, I know they are not made of linen :eek:) but somehow the idea of riding circles at crowded Oifuto does not appeal to me. I know it is the favorite spot par excellence for many expatriats including our dear Ambassador to go out for a spin but this is simply not my cup of tea; I prefer the tranquility of the mountains (some people call me a toge-hunter but in reality I'm not a good climber - gotten too old for that + started too late).

I guess I'm wandering off the subject of this thread...well here she is, my "ultimate climber" dream bike: The 26-inch BERG AL-2; also available in titanium as BERG Ti-1 (which would be my preference) produced by Ken Hashikawa of VLAAMS http://www.hashikawa.net/.

I'm Flemish (Vlaams) , so to you I'll say "Tot ziens!" for now.

haha...well, French Canadian is pretty far from being Belgian, but I seem to have no trouble enjoying what the Belgian's do too :)
Am learning Flemish, but at least speaking French helps for now...

Thanks so much for your much needed encouragement on the team. Feel like I am often over my head with the team project, but this really is a labour of love. It's just so cool to see the "fire" and share in the ambitions with some of the young Japanese riders who dream of something special in cycling and in their lives. I am learning a lot in the process, and in bridging both Belgian and Japanese cycling cultures, perhaps we will be fortunate enough to increase opportunities and enjoyment for everyone. That's the goal really...

I totally agree with your preference for riding in the mountains and the country-side! But to hold an event such as this one where easy access and visibility is key, Oifuto is the best location. As you know, many cyclists ride here every Sunday, so we are simply hoping to add a little excitement to the usual Sunday protocol with Johan's presence :) Cycling Time Web-site will likely promote this event with us as a "fun-ride" for cyclists in and around Tokyo...with media coverage by Cycling Time of course.

Tot ziens et a bientot TOM!
Val

Yup...the ride quality is almost hard to define...it handles and tranesfers power like a top-end custom race bike should, but feels like a Pee-Wee Herman city bike with balloon tires over rough roads; the best of both worlds really.

These are some of the most technically advanced frame-sets in the world; the next generation of composite materials really. And in my opinion, the world's first "organic" bikes. You can re-cycle flax, but most do not recycle carbon-fibre.

With IPA and Billato behind Johan Museeuw and these frames, all cyclists who expect comfort as much as they do performance will consider this the holy grail of current, top-end frames.

Exciting times...
Val

Wasn't Museeuw suspended by the UCI for certain illegal practices in his cycling preparation? I remembered this http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/jan/25/cycling.cycling. Guess the UCI is almost as culpable as the athletes if a ban means start selling your own bikes and market them at official events.

Have you never made a mistake in your life?

It really is just too easy for us to judge without having walked (or cycled) down the same path, or in any other pro's shoes.

The bottom line is; the bikes are fantastic.

Regards
Val

Have you never made a mistake in your life?

It really is just too easy for us to judge without having walked (or cycled) down the same path, or in any other pro's shoes.

The bottom line is; the bikes are fantastic.

Regards
Val

mistakes Yes. Cheating in sports and my career, no! Judging a cheat is quite easy really, especially when they admit it. Pro's by the nature of their "profession" should be above reproach so any compassion I havewill be saved for junkies who fall into the drug scene through desperate circumstances not by the desire for fame or money, thats all. Yes bikes are great but they can be tarnished.

mistakes Yes. Cheating in sports and my career, no! Judging a cheat is quite easy really, especially when they admit it. Pro's by the nature of their "profession" should be above reproach so any compassion I havewill be saved for junkies who fall into the drug scene through desperate circumstances not by the desire for fame or money, thats all. Yes bikes are great but they can be tarnished.

Well said Simon.

Philip

We are even planning an event on the last Sunday morning of the Cycle Mode show, where Johan Museeuw will ride with everyone at Oifuto with his new bikes.

Cool!

As for his past transgressions, I simply can't get worked up about it. And even if I did, I probably would leave my anger for a different, less gentle forum. He doped, he admitted it, and now he makes neat bikes.

EDIT: Just to clarify -- I am 100% against doping (though I also believe in second chances in life). My real point here was that I thought it was harsh to make withering comments about Museeuw after Val was merely sharing his enthusiasm and what he thought was good news for our community.

Deej

Cool!

As for his past transgressions, I simply can't get worked up about it. And even if I did, I probably would leave my anger for a different, less gentle forum. He doped, he admitted it, and now he makes neat bikes.

Deej

Not quite. The bikes have been available for some time. Museeuw's name is being used to market the bikes. Therefore, Simon's observation was both accurate and intelligent. I wonder if Sebici would have responded as defensively towards Simon if he were not intending to make a profit selling the bikes in Japan using Museeuw's name. Good luck to Sebici. But business should be held to the same standards as others. Simon is one of the people who has made this forum both gentle and honest :):):)

Philip

Too much hair...

Well, there was this guy quite a ways back who said something along the lines of, "He who never sinned, cast the first stone". (Some say he had too much hair, as well).

As for whole doping issue, a guy "who's done it, admitted it, and then stopped doing it" has more integrity than a guy "who's done it, been caught, but then continues to deny any wrong-doing".
Re: Floyd Landis! See the documantary, "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" about steroid use in sports - Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Ben Johnson / Carl Lewis.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151309/
And here's Landis (who has his own home-made altitude chamber in his backyard) flat out denying any involvement.

Just for the sake of argument, if I were the CEO of a large corporation and I only the limited choice of employing either Museeuw or Landis, I reckon Mr.L would find himself back on unemployment benefit! Better to go with someone a bit more honest, with enough guts to admit to a screw-up.

... In regard to the "flax" bike... I don't know why they didn't opt for "HEMP" fibre (a superior material in my book), and then I could've gone riding in my smoking jacket - But I'm not dopin'!

Back
Top Bottom