1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Routes from Tokyo to Yokohama

Discussion in 'Routes' started by Benjamin, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Warming-Up

Hey! Will be travelling there in September and was planning ahead, wondering if there are any nice routes to Yokohama, and if I'll need to cycle on any major roads etc?

Also, wondering if there are any route recommendations for around Tokyo, around Yokohama and around Kawaguchiko.

I'll be renting a campervan and heading up to Nikko and Gunma (for the marshlands etc) and was wondering if I should bring my bike along on the van, or is it pointless to bring it along with me?

Using a Canyon Commuter 7.0, will probably be mounting my fenders and panniers for the trip.

Thanks in advance!

2. Bruno BQ

Bruno BQ Maximum Pace

If by nice roads, you mean with nature around. I don't think so.
    If you are going from central Tokyo to central Yokohama at least. You can avoid motorways and go to some nice neighborhood, but is all city between the two.

Nikko is quite hilly, but I haven't rided there, but some here have. Check the forum search.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Warming-Up

Oops, I should explain clearly. Nice routes as in, easy to cycle (not much traffic or people etc), I don't mind if there are good views, as long as it is convenient to cycle over.