What's new

Second guessing the rain...

Ash

Warming-Up
Apr 23, 2006
So who else got nailed trying to second guess the rain today?

I took the bike to one job in asagaya today, but it started raining hard in the afternoon so I left it there (locked bicycle park) and went to my office in takadanobaba. When I got back, it wasnt raining and since it was only 7k home I thought I would not bother getting changed out of the suit, just ride.

Bad idea. 5 mins out, it opened up. Too late, got drenched, things all over the house now drying out.

Anyway, I am now set up with the computer and the tv ready to watch people REALLY suffer! Tonight is the mighty ZONCONLON stage of the Giro d`Italia, what we have been waiting for for a long time now!

Commuting is always this race against the weather, which I actually quite enjoy.

Any other comments or stories, I look forward to hearing!

Ash

When I got back, it wasnt raining and since it was only 7k home I thought I would not bother getting changed out of the suit, just ride. Commuting is always this race against the weather, which I actually quite enjoy.

Seems as if some of us DO have a choice. :D

Enjoy the Giro!

You could have saved your bike and used your suit as a bike bag! :p
I don't like riding in the rain and drive if there is rain on the weather report.
I do ride home in drizzle-thunderstorms if I have to though. Once you start a journey you have to finish it. It's the LAW!

I've been too tired to watch the Giro. Will watch the last 4 days though as work is easing off a bit....Di Luca is under the doping microscope unfortunately. If he goes down the whole sport is a laughing stock. They'll be handing out prizes for those that come last at this rate.

Rain man does it again and the Giro

You could have saved your bike and used your suit as a bike bag! :p
I don't like riding in the rain and drive if there is rain on the weather report.
I do ride home in drizzle-thunderstorms if I have to though. Once you start a journey you have to finish it. It's the LAW!

I've been too tired to watch the Giro. Will watch the last 4 days though as work is easing off a bit....Di Luca is under the doping microscope unfortunately. If he goes down the whole sport is a laughing stock. They'll be handing out prizes for those that come last at this rate.

Thanks for your advice re the suit, I think now it is only worth using as a bike bag actually. I will have the tailor sew it up into one.

Today AGAIN, I was nailed by the rain. As yesterday, I left Takadanobaba, NO RAIN. 5 mins out AGAIN, down it comes. At least this time I was in cycling gear. Anyway, I would rather cycle in rain than in wind.

As to the Giro, it has been a tough few weeks sitting up till 1am, 1.30 every night, but there you go, thats the nature of addiction. Anyway, if DiLuca IS doping, he deserves whatever he gets because he would have to be totally fucking stupid to try it. Some interesting performances though, especially from andy schleck, he is someone to watch in the future. I love the Giro though, wonderful scenary, great hills. The zoncolon last night and the tre cime de laverado were terrific. People even slap on triples in this race.

I am watching tonight`s stage on pancake flat roads and an average speed of over 47km.

Now the Tour cometh....

cheers

Ash

Hi ash,

is there an internet adres for watching the giro (maybe the tour in a few weeks)? or is it broadcasted on some secret sports channel?

thanks
Daan

Hi ash,

is there an internet adres for watching the giro (maybe the tour in a few weeks)? or is it broadcasted on some secret sports channel?

thanks
Daan

count me intoo. I can't seem to find this secret sports channel, but we drones only get basic channels like NHK.

I seem to have a freaky ability to predict weather, but Japan taxes even my weird talent I've had since I was a kid. ("it will rain in 35 minutes...") I just don't know anymore!

Sky Perfect

usually channel 307 or 308. If you don't have it then get friendly with your local sports bar and persuade them to flick it on for you !!:)

Hi ash,

thanks
Daan

Hi Daan!

Very nice to meet you the other day, I really hope we can get together again before you leave.

I watch J sports plus and read the updates live on Velonews and cyclingnews on the net.

Last year it was possible to get live pics and commentry through cyclingtv and Eurosport, but this seems to be no more, which is a real pain. I am hoping for better luck when the TDF starts.

Otherwise I agree, its the sports bar...

Ash

Back
Top Bottom