What's new

Ride Sun Aug 13 Shibu Pass (from Shibukawa and back)

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Scenic ride planned for this Sunday with couple of mates, probably much more on the social side and relaxed pace than the TCC usual deal.

07:33 Takasaki line, leaving from platform 5 of JR Ueno sta.

We'll take the train to Shibukawa (2,268 yen) and should arrive just before 10 am. From there, it's gonna be some 75km ride to Shibu pass and another 75km back to Shibukawa, (total over 150km) with about 3,500m of climbing. This is the approximate route, though I'll tweak it some more. No sit down lunch or anything, but planning 3 shorter stops at some points of interest and for refueling. Return probably very late.

Current weather forecast for Kusatsu on Sunday is cloudy but dry, 10% chance of rain, 23C. Up the Shibu pass it will be about 10C cooler still. It's gonna be a freezing descent, that one.

Don't forget to RSVP if you're coming, as logistics are a bitch for this one. If the weather changes again I may
have to cancel it, and will contact those who RSVP-ed by 7:30pm on Saturday in that case.

current forecast for Sun is great. if you wanna escape Tokyo heat you know what to do. note that the temp up the pass will be significantly lower than the low 20s down at Kusatsu. we'll experience cold 4 months before its due
1f642.png

upload_2017-8-11_9-15-56.png

I've found there are still plenty of reserved seats left for Kusatsu 31, which leaves Ueno (platform 14) at 9am sharp (it's possible to board at Oomiya at 9:26 for those living further north) so we've switched to that train. Be sure to let me know beforehand if you're coming, or run the risk of missing us on the day. There are now 4 of us, and the forecast is still as promising as ever

upload_2017-8-11_19-55-35.png

Back
Top Bottom