What's new

Ride Sunday April 8th - Wada and Takao and back

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
This is an early ride. Sorry but I can only go early morning. Also note that it's been a while since I've been out that way so I don't know exactly how long all this will take.

Probably cruising out and back at around 30km/h. Hope that flies with you ok. If so, you are welcome to join.

Primary Meet Point
Meet: Futakotamagawa close to the railway bridge on the opposite side of the river.
Meeting place map: https://goo.gl/maps/1WUL1NMFM7w
Meeting Date: Sunday April 8th
Meeting Time: 06:10
Depart Time: 06:15
Ride Length: Probably a bit over 100km.

Secondary Meet Point
2nd Meet Place: Y's Road blue building by the river.
2nd Meet Place Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Y1dEkoizFc92
2nd Meet Time: 07:00

Ride the river out to Takao.
Wada East is a pretty hard/steep climb (pain makes me forget the details). Climbs are all wait at the top.
Descending Wada West assuming its all open now as I think they repaired it since I was last up there.
Back to the Takao over the climb on route 20 and then ride the river home.

Probably doesn't need to be said, but please wear a helmet if joining and leave a comment below.

Last edited:
Hey, I'd like to join, but cannot this time. But just wanting to connect and say I am an early morning Sunday rider as well. Planning one on the 15th with 3-4 other riders. Stay tuned. Don't usually post on TCC so much any longer. Using LINE these days. But happy to post if you or anyone else may be interested.

Hey @TokyoLiving. Thanks for the comment. Yeah - don't give up posting rides I think. Gives everyone options even if you end up riding alone sometimes as I mostly end up doing:confused: Who knows when your new best riding buddy might read and show up:tup

I'm pretty sure it's the early time that puts folks off. I like early though for several reasons. It's easier to leave on time when the kids are still asleep and it gets me back early to spend more time with them. It's less hot. The roads and paths are less crowded and perhaps that bit safer. Good to know there are a few more early risers.

Incidentally, there are 2 of us riding currently this Sunday.

Hey @TokyoLiving. Thanks for the comment. Yeah - don't give up posting rides I think. Gives everyone options even if you end up riding alone sometimes as I mostly end up doing:confused: Who knows when your new best riding buddy might read and show up:tup

I'm pretty sure it's the early time that puts folks off. I like early though for several reasons. It's easier to leave on time when the kids are still asleep and it gets me back early to spend more time with them. It's less hot. The roads and paths are less crowded and perhaps that bit safer. Good to know there are a few more early risers.

Incidentally, there are 2 of us riding currently this Sunday.
@wexford I wholeheartedly agree. Nearly all my riding buddies both the Tamagawa and Arakawa side have been met either directly or indirectly on the TCC site from posted rides.

I'm in the same boat as you early Sunday ride to be home and spend the afternoon with family.

So with that said, I'll meet up with you this Sunday for part of the ride. Gotta be home by 8:30 I'm the soccer coach this weekend.

Does your route swing past the Ys road along the Tamagawa?

That's awesome! Will be nice to meet you. Definitely feel free to hook on even just to blast off in your own direction a few km down the line.

I've heard about a Y's Road on the river somewhere so I went looking just now on Google. Are you talking about the blue building on the right hand side of the river. Shop is here: https://goo.gl/maps/Y1dEkoizFc92

If so, then we will get close to there. Will be cycling up the river, on the right hand side, right up to the bridge just before that shop and then crossing the bridge (Yaen Highway). Will be crossing on the Y's Road side of that bridge.

Are you thinking of meeting us around there or hoping that it's a destination where you drop off?

So with that said, I'll meet up with you this Sunday for part of the ride. Gotta be home by 8:30 I'm the soccer coach this weekend.

Does your route swing past the Ys road along the Tamagawa?

That's awesome! Will be nice to meet you. Definitely feel free to hook on even just to blast off in your own direction a few km down the line.

I've heard about a Y's Road on the river somewhere so I went looking just now on Google. Are you talking about the blue building on the right hand side of the river. Shop is here: https://goo.gl/maps/Y1dEkoizFc92

If so, then we will get close to there. Will be cycling up the river, on the right hand side, right up to the bridge just before that shop and then crossing the bridge (Yaen Highway). Will be crossing on the Y's Road side of that bridge.

Are you thinking of meeting us around there or hoping that it's a destination where you drop off?
@wexford I'd join you from Ys road blue building along the Tamagawa. You ride past that or you cross the bridge right before it? I can meet you at either place.

Ride with you guys for a while and peel off.

@wexford I'd join you from Ys road blue building along the Tamagawa. You ride past that or you cross the bridge right before it? I can meet you at either place.

Ride with you guys for a while and peel off.

Let's meet at Y's Road to simplify things. Looks to be around 20km from Futakotamagawa. So I guess that would make it 7am at Y's Road. Does that work for you. Might be 5m early/late depending on wind etc.

Keep an eye here for any updates.

Can't ride this weekend but definitely on the lookout for something involving elevation for Apr 14-15 to open the climbing season - on 2 wheels at least, as I've mostly been mountaineering this winter.

Let's meet at Y's Road to simplify things. Looks to be around 20km from Futakotamagawa. So I guess that would make it 7am at Y's Road. Does that work for you. Might be 5m early/late depending on wind etc.

Keep an eye here for any updates.
7 is perfect! See you guys then.

Just looking at the weather for Sunday morning. Looks very windy right now. 11m/s. That's 40km/h winds. Will keep my eye on the weather but that sounds a bit too windy especially if gusty. Will update again Saturday evening.

7 might be tough also in the wind. No idea. Haven't ridden in strong wind in a while.

Assuming the wind isn't too bad, I may also join up at Y's at 7AM.

I'll be coming along as well. I'll most likely have to turn around at the top at Wada and get back home in time for strawberry picking :) See you guys at Y's at 7am.

@BigDawg @Conrad - awesome. Looking forward to seeing you guys. Will ride. Wind looks to be better now although right now my mrs just told me that one of my t-shirts has gone flying off the line and it's nowhere to be found ;-(

Hey @GrantT - our honour man. Will be great to see you again even if just for a wee part of the spin.

I'm also heading out that way for some gravel action, so I'll see you at Futakotamagawa!

Back
Top Bottom