What's new

Ride Sunday, Oct 1, Greenline ride

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Okumusashi Greenline takes in about 30km of scenic forest roads, passes and vantage points in the hills of Saitama. We'll cover almost the whole thing in this ride, and the approximate route is:

https://www.strava.com/routes/10716313

Meet at 7:50-55 for prompt 8am start from the spaceship

Alternative meeting point is Gusto restaurant near Kita-Sakado station, but if you'll be joining from there please RSVP or risk getting left behind. We should be passing there around 9:30-45.

Quick convini stop @km50 and sit-down lunch at Hana @km100 are the only stops we're taking, so come prepared with fuel and liquids for the distance. After lunch one can avoid the last climb by going downhill E/SE to Seibu-Chichibu station, but I'll climb Sadamine pass to return from Ogawa Machi sta.

Alternatively, if you don't like climbing at all, you can join just for the first part and follow the river back. Pace will be exploratory/leisurely/relaxed, def no hammer.

Contact me for any Q/RSVP

If it's anything like a regular day, it will be N wind in the morning, S wind in the afternoon. So headwind both ways ;)

Okumusashi Greenline takes in about 30km of scenic forest roads, passes and vantage points in the hills of Saitama. We'll cover almost the whole thing in this ride, and the approximate route is:

https://www.strava.com/routes/10716313

Meet at 7:50-55 for prompt 8am start from the spaceship

Alternative meeting point is Gusto restaurant near Kita-Sakado station, but if you'll be joining from there please RSVP or risk getting left behind. We should be passing there around 9:30-45.

Quick convini stop @km50 and sit-down lunch at Hana @km100 are the only stops we're taking, so come prepared with fuel and liquids for the distance. After lunch one can avoid the last climb by going downhill E/SE to Seibu-Chichibu station, but I'll climb Sadamine pass to return from Ogawa Machi sta.

Alternatively, if you don't like climbing at all, you can join just for the first part and follow the river back. Pace will be exploratory/leisurely/relaxed, def no hammer.

Contact me for any Q/RSVP
An old post but thanks for the link in the post Luka.
I was looking for a route to try as haven't been up that was since covid, need to regain my climbing & descending skills again.
I think one of the first times I headed up from the spaceship and ended up at Ogawaramachi was a ride that Kevin Johnson was on.
Only time I got to ride with him.

a blast from the past indeed. 6 years and 2 lifetimes ago... going north that way used to be my staple escape from Tokyo lowlands, as I'm just too far to get to the west and southwest mountains normally. so all the different rides blend together now and I can't tell them apart.

anyway, poor Kevin, that much can be said. I guess I was among the few fortunate ones to get to read, and vividly remember, his farewell FB post, before it got taken down. fortunate in the sense that it was a final message from him to a limited audience of his FB friends, and it shows that he would have preferred people to read it and understand his motivations.

I guess it's all bygones by now, but it's a tough and unforgiving world out there, that's for sure. I hope you can regain your skills and get whatever it is you're trying to get out of cycling, and am glad if this thread helps a bit there

Back
Top Bottom