1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Where to buy cycling glasses with prescription lenses

Discussion in 'Tech' started by OreoCookie, Dec 4, 2017.

1. OreoCookie

OreoCookie Cruising

I need new cycling glasses with prescription lenses, but all shops in Sendai only sell cycling-specific “Asian fit” frames by Oakley — which do not fit my head. Or a few Adidas frames which are just generic sports frames, but lack the vents, for example. Do you know of any shops (also in Tokyo or so, I go there a few times a year) with expertise in sports eyewear and non-Asian models?

2. CoffinDodger

CoffinDodger Speeding Up

Surely if you know your prescription, a supplier outside Japan could help? Having said which, I don't know which one.

3. Tanki

Tanki Maximum Pace

Oakley store Landmark Tower, Yokohama offered prescription lens service last time I was there. I'm sure Landmark Tower is still there, not sure about the Oakley store. It was years ago I was there and I bought a non-asian frame.
    Maybe a good idea to search for an Oakley store in Tokyo and give them a bell/mail.

4. OreoCookie

OreoCookie Cruising

@CoffinDodger
    A new pair of glasses with prescription lenses will cost me between 60,000 and 80,000 ¥, and frames as well as the lenses, like clothes, have to fitted and tried. I don't want to spend that kind of money unless I know everything fits.

@Tanki
    Are there any other brands you can recommend that are available in Japan? Apart from Oakley (not a huge fan of their design to be honest) and generic sports frames from Adidas I haven't seen anything that is compatible with prescription lenses.

5. andywood

andywood Maximum Pace

6. OreoCookie

OreoCookie Cruising

We have a few J!ns shops in Sendai, and I tried their offerings. Their frames do not fit my face (as they advertise on their website, they make frames specifically adapted to Japanese … :(), it doesn't seem to be compatible with “Asian fit” frames. When my everyday glasses broke last year, I had to import a frame without trying it first for ¥¥¥¥¥.