1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

Discussion in 'Rides' started by bloaker, Oct 3, 2014.

  1. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    Ride is on for this Saturday.
    Meet at Womble Gate 7-11. 0700
     
  2. Navy Roller

    Navy Roller Speeding Up

    Trophy Points:
    28
    I should be there, hopefully the weather stays sunny!
     
  3. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    And we are on for Saturday. Looks like lovely weather and a few have confirmed they will be there, so if need be, there will be a wheel for you to jump on if you need to hide from the elements!
     
  4. biiiikes

    biiiikes Warming-Up

    Trophy Points:
    3
    Woohoo! I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting folks. -Sara
     
    bloaker likes this.
  5. Navy Roller

    Navy Roller Speeding Up

    Trophy Points:
    28
    I should be there. . . I just hope it is warmer than last week. Looking at 36 degrees on my cell phone did not motivate me out the door!
     
  6. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    Don't look at your cell phone before riding then.
     
  7. Navy Roller

    Navy Roller Speeding Up

    Trophy Points:
    28
    Hahaha, good idea. . . I chatted with a couple of cyclists on base today about our ride. I invited them, but I doubt they will show up. I think this is a super mellow work-out, but they do not!
     
  8. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    I am trying make a point to back off an ride with the slowest rider to ensure everyone has fun.
    The point of the weekly ride was to be inclusive. Seems we scared a few guys off in November... never to return.
    So trying a different approach.
     
    wexford likes this.
  9. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    Cold ride this morning, but not nearly as bad as 2 weeks ago, nor as windy as 1 week ago.
    Everything went well more or less, I just left my legs at home today. :(
    Got Schooled. :(

    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
     
  10. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    Two rides this weekend!

    Saturday - 0700 Womble Gate. - Social pace
    I will be doing the normal Saturday ride and pace will remain 'social' with no attacks or attempts to blow each other up.

    Sunday - 1000 Womble Gate. - Spirited Social Pace
    The pace "intends" to be social - HOWEVER - this is not guaranteed.
    A strong group will start at 0800 in Yamato and head over to meet at Womble gate. The pace will be social for them, however their fitness is a notch or 6 above mine - so expect to have some work cut out to enjoy their social pace.
    If they actually hold true to a social pace, it is an awesome mix of American and Japanese riders and worth the effort to meet them and play at a slightly quicker pace than we roll on Saturday.
    If you are truly up for it, continue on with them as the head back on 134 to Chigasaki on their way home.
     
  11. biiiikes

    biiiikes Warming-Up

    Trophy Points:
    3
    Great! Work has been crazy, but barring bad luck I will plan on both. Yamato to Womble means what time would you recommend starting to wait at Womble? I'm not sure where Yamato is and will plan to intercept them at Womble. Thanks! You riding Sunday?
     
  12. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    1000 is the womble time. They are leaving yamato at 0800. Sunday will be a gametime decision for me. Its a fun group to ride with so i am leaning toward yes.
     
  13. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    Weather say 25% chance of rain - that means 75% chance of Awesome.
    As of right now, I intend to ride - If I wake up and the weather is not cooperating, I will post up here to bow out.
    Otherwise - expect me there at 0700.

    If I bow out tomorrow, I will ride Sunday.
     
  14. biiiikes

    biiiikes Warming-Up

    Trophy Points:
    3
    I don't suppose you guys ever move the ride back an hour (or two)? Forecast has the rain (and chances thereof) stopping by 9am.
     
  15. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    I know Ron has to teach spin class at 10am and I need to be home for "fatherly" duties. So it is pretty much 0700 for me. I could move back to 0800, however that would be just a ride straight through and home for me. No relax time.
    I am not sure of Max's schedule, but he does have a < 4 year old that sometimes dominates his schedule.

    I have cancelled a ride and ended up riding later just because it has worked out, but that is not too often.

    I will let you know in the AM if I can move back a tad... sick daughter has me leaning toward no so I can relieve mommy and let her sleep a bit.
     
  16. biiiikes

    biiiikes Warming-Up

    Trophy Points:
    3
    Hmm... I need to fit a work call in before 9am tomorrow too, so I'm going to stay home to take the call sometime between 8 and 9 and ride after that. If anyone ends up not riding at 7, give me a holler and perhaps we can meet up. I'll hope to see you on Sunday's ride!
     
  17. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    Your work sucks.

    I think Ian is up for it... but I will check.
     
  18. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    You are a slacker. Ian and Max committed to an 0900 start - so you won't roll alone.
     
  19. biiiikes

    biiiikes Warming-Up

    Trophy Points:
    3
    Ha! Well that's awesome. I will be at Womble at 0900 (if that's how you say 9am).
     
    bloaker likes this.
  20. bloaker

    bloaker Maximum Pace

    Trophy Points:
    433
    We are on for tomorrow - the roads all seem to be in good condition (with exception of shady areas).
    0700 Womble Gate.
    Depending on who shows - We may switch the route up a bit. I am on a time constraint - so it won't be much longer than usual, but a change of scenery is possible.
     

Share This Page