1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

Discussion in 'Rides' started by bloaker, Oct 3, 2014.

1. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Postponing for an hour or so due to rain.

2. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

I hope you had a good one. The weather was pretty nice once the rain stopped. Unfortunately I had work and couldn't make it.
    I thinking of heading out tomorrow. Is anyone out for a ride on Sunday morning? I'll probably leave my house some time between 0600 and 0700.

3. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

I did not ride today and wont for the next few days - but will let you know if I hear of anyone riding locally.
    I have a couple friends heading to Yabitsu tomorrow, but they are starting in Sagimahara area early. So probably not too viable to catch them.

I had a wisdom tooth pulled last week after the ride and this week developed "dry socket" - so until this is under control, I am not doing exercise of any kind since it could make the situation worse.

BTW - if you have never had dry socket... just imagine exposed bone in your mouth that it uber sensitive to temperature with a hole in your gums above it that tries to trap food forcing you to eat on one side of you mouth. .When food inevitably gets in the socket, you have to rinse forever to try and get it out... if that doesn't work, back to the dentist where the "irrigate" the socket (painful) and then you start all over with exposed bone.
    The medical procedure to resolve the issue is to scrape off the top layer of bone to get the socket to fill with blood and form a blood clot (just like when they pulled the tooth) - but so much as a sneeze can knock the boot clot out and I am back to square one. So... I am playing pain management right now.

#103 bloaker, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  4. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Tomorrow's weather looks to be perfect!

0700 Meetup at 7/11.

pedalist likes this.
  5. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Mid April (date not yet determined) we are planning a ride to Yabitsu.
    We will leave our normal time from the normal meetup spot and ride over to Zushi and follow the beach to Oiso. Then on to Yabitsu.
    If you would like to join and have a preference of date, please let me know. 11th, 18th, 25th are all in play.
    Hoping to get a ride out there before we have too much heat/humidity to enjoy the long ride.

pedalist likes this.
  6. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

I'll try to be there tomorrow morning and I'm in(terested) joining your Yabitsu tour. I available on any of those dates, unless my work schedule changes or any family obligations come up.

bloaker likes this.
  7. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

I'm out for tomorrow. It hurts missing the ride on such perfect day. Anyway, I wish everyone out on the roads a safe and fun ride.

8. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Next Saturday April 11 - Yabitsu Ride!

Leave Mikasa Park 7-11 0700.
    Meet Rider at Zushi Red Lobster 0740.
    Meet more riders in Oiso and then continue on to Yabitsu!

pedalist likes this.
  9. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

Sounds good. I'll make my work schedule fit and should be available. Only after three weeks without any ride time I'm might be not in great shape. I hope I can squeeze in some morning miles before Saturday.
    Btw, any guess on how long the whole ride might take (from Zushi and back to Zushi)?

10. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Since this is a friendly - we pretty much will be at a easy pace there, every climb at their own pace, then regroup at the top.
    On the way home, depending on everyone's legs, we may split into two groups - One group that is spent and one that still has energy.
    That said - the train is also an option to come back from Hadano if on a time crunch.

I think 6 hours give or take. I do think it will take less, but it comes down to the group.

11. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

I didn't get my legs warmed up this week, but I fixed my schedule and would be available on Saturday or Sunday. Looking at weather makes me think that Sunday could be the better choice. Any thoughts on that?

12. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

After discussion yesterday and looking at the weather channel, the ride has been moved to Sunday. I am not available Sunday, so hopefully Max, Ron, and others are all set to ride then.
    I will let you know if I here anything.

13. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

And we are on for tomorrow 0700 Womble/Mikasa 7-11.
    Weather looks to be a tad windy, but otherwise perfect.
    Hopefully the wind can help a few of us catch PRs!

14. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

I'll be there. Is Miura the plan?
    Last week Max and I had great ride climbing Yabitsu for the first time. Would go there again, but tomorrow I'm a little on a tighter schedule.

15. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Miura is today's plan. Too many in the group have kids/jobs that keep the long rides to once a month or so.
    Now that it is warming up, an earlier start will happen soon - so ride can be a bit longer and still finish at the same time.

pedalist likes this.
  16. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Weather is looking food for tomorrow's ride.
    0700 Mikasa 7/11

17. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

I'm in. See you guys tomorrow.

18. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

Perfect weather (Miura/Shonan always has a windy corner. It can't be helped). Great people. Good times on the bike.
    Btw, as for now I've got no plans on Wednesday the 29th (public holiday). Is anyone heading out for a spin?

19. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

A little snippet from the weekend...

@pedalist crushes me with ease at 5:30.... sad.

TimeTraveler, pedalist and TCC like this.
  20. TCC

TCC Tokyo Cycling Club

Nice one mate. Looks like a decent bunch.