What's new

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

It is a good mix. One of the riders that normally joins us bought his first "real bike" just 4 months ago. A couple others have never stopped riding since childhood. One of the guys that was not in this video is a spin instructor, so he just drools when we get to hills. After the loop, he actually goes and teaches spin for 2 hours.
All in all, a good mix. No one takes it too seriously and everyone seems to get faster. Win/Win

Last edited:
It is a good mix. One of the riders that normally joins us bought his first "real bike" just 4 months ago. A couple others have never stopped riding since childhood. One of the guys that was not in this video is a spin instructor, so he just drools when we get to hills. After the loop, he actually goes and teaches spin for 2 hours.
All in all, a good mix. No one takes it too seriously and every seems to get faster. Win/Win

That is quality and exactly how it should be. Getting faster as you train up together, with a variety of levels all getting in on it. The slowest dudes always take a flogging at first, but after a month, it is them who is handing out the drilling, and like you say, it is win-win.

Really good that you are keeping this group firing, and getting stronger. Will have to arrange a monster session later in the season with the west mountain riding lads, the Yokosuka guys and the phantoms from the haunted north.

Sweet :)

@bloaker really is keeping things together. And thanks, for including your descent into the video. Now I can kind of experience how it feels when two wheels turn into a rocket.

Btw, it would be great if we could make an all TCC members event happen some time.
Everyone is always welcome joining us down here in Miura. We don't have big climbs, but always good fun.

Last edited:
We went for a quick 120km all flat out and back to Hakone. The weather wasn't as sunny as forecasted, but perfect for some hours on the bike. And best of all, NO head wind on our way home.
I'm happy that we went for a mid-week spin, because as it turned out I'm most likely out of town on the weekend. So, at least I got some miles down.

Btw, on our way back we past quite some people setting up their grills here and there, specially along the beach. That made us think that we might should have a Yokosuka group BBQ some time (I personally would be cool with others joining as well). Any thoughts or ideas on this one?

Glad you guys got out. I thought you guys were going to go to Odawara - so the climb to Hakone would be a bonus.
I was sitting in front of a computer ALL day... :(

We wanted to keep it a little relaxed and didn't go up the climb. I guess for climbing in Hakone it would be best to get there way before 1000, maybe even around 0900, especially on a holiday. It was pretty crowded and wouldn't have been a relaxing climb. I might still want to climb Hakone once, but in general I'd prefer Yabitsu, if getting all the way out there. The long stretch along the ocean (134) would definitely be faster and a little more economical in a bigger group. The two of us took turns pulling, but the way home still surely feels long.

We are on for tomorrow.
0700 7/11 by Mikasa/Womble Gate.

Last week we tacked on a little extra to hit a 7/11 near Shichirigahama.
This 7/11 has Slurpees.......... so worth the extra bit to get there!

This weekend was fun, but with a twist... Due to GW - some every weekend riders were not there and we have a rider from Yakota join us since he was in town.
I went for a run this week and hit some hills (dumb) - and my legs had yet to recover, so I was somewhat dreading the ride.
However the pace - while seemingly was slower than normal, still allowed for me to hit a couple PRs late in the ride.
I am a little confused on how that worked out, but I will take it!

@pedalist - a lazy afternoon BBQ sounds excellent. It just comes down to logistics. Where would we host it, Weather, etc...
I have a deck and grill at my place, however lacking seats if more than a handful show up.
We can discuss next Saturday during the ride.

Alright, let's get the bbq planned on Saturday. Maybe over a coffee at the Barefoot Cafe or a slurpee at 7/11.

Btw, is anyone out on the road tomorrow or on Wedenesday?
Depending in the weather and on my legs, I'm thinking of either just a Mirua loop (maybe checking out some new roads), Yabitsu (I need someone at least for the way and back on route 134), or even taking the first ferry over to Chiba (first ferry to beat at least some traffic - after reading what happened to some other members on their way to Chiba earlier today).

As for now I'll be skipping Saturday's ride watching other people hurting themselves in the ITU triathlon in Yokohama. Instead I'm thinking of doing Yabitsu on Sunday. Up from the south and if time, weather, and legs are alright down and up the north side.
It'd be kind of a longish ride (at least for me) and therefore I'm thinking of leaving from Zushi around 7:00.
It'd be great to have some company.
Anyone interested?

I will see if I can find anyone here interested. There might be some guys in Yamato interested, but you would have to bike a little ways to meet them.

The weather appears to not be cooperating for tomorrow's ride.
*If the ride happens - expect limited participation.

If interested in an alternative activity -
1) Yokohama does have the ITU Triathlon tomorrow. You can watch them battle in the rain. I attended last year and enjoyed the event and vendors.
2) I may break out the hiking gear and explore the hills around Hayama.
3) I may break out the MTB and explore the hills around Hayama.

If interested in joining me for random exploring - post here or message me.

I'll be in Yokohama and try to get a little of the ITU feel.

And if someone still wants to go for a quick spin on Sunday, there are still open spots for the Sunday Yabitsu ride. Or better, I'm still looking for someone pulling me...I mean sharing the work on the 134 along the cost.

I'll be watching the weather, but if everything looks alright, I'm planning to depart for Zushi around 7:00.

Weather is nasty in Zushi. Less rain now than earlier this morning, but I don't want to spend hours cleaning my bike tonight.
Pretty sure most everyone is going to wait this ride out.

Regarding tomorrow - not sure who all is Riding, but I think Juston is looking for someone to ride with.

Tomorrow's Yabitsu plan is a big at the moment. It looks like the weather might hinders an early start. And most people who are interested in going are booked.
Therefore, I'm thinking of doing Yabitsu next Saturday, 7:00 start in Zushi.
For tomorrow I'm now thinking of an alternative route, which allows a later start and lets us head home quickly in case of sudden weather changes.

After last weeks rain out, this week is looking good!
0700 Start at Mikasa 7-11.

Should be a good group in the morning!

Gonna cry all day tomorrow. I had to cancel all my riding plans this weekend due to a nasty neck injury. I hope to be back on the road latest (and most likely earliest) by next weekend.
I wish you guys a safe and fun time on the road tomorrow.

The weather is looking good! Saturday 0700 Mikasa7/11 - @Kazuo nawa - Sorry we missed you last week. Feel free to jump in this week if you can!

Back
Top Bottom