What's new

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

It should be. If it isn't - might be another hiking day for me.
We usually make the decision around 0600 the day of the ride if we are going to cancel.

The rain now should clear out soon.
Only a 10% chance of rain in the AM.

@bloaker I'll be leaving Yokohama at 0600. So if I'm not there at 0700, please know that I will be on my way. I have my phone, so I can post to the thread if something happens (unlikely).

Good Ride today... albeit humid!
@Sean made it to the ride on time, survived the ride and headed home.
@pedalist made it out - even though he was on a time crunch.
@Juston1 came out and put in the miles as usual
as well as a few others.

If ever you were looking for a ride that would encourage vs pressure - you should head out.

haha - this is true. My only PR came after the ride was "over" and I was on my way home!
but a PR is a PR... I will take it!

Hi everyone,

I'm here TAD for another week and a half and just found this thread. I rode out to Odawara Castle solo yesterday from Womble Gate and it took about 5 hours. I'm looking to make it the rest of the way up to Hakone/Lake Ashi this upcoming weekend (maybe another 18km up some hills). Let me know if you are interested.

EDIT: The round trip took 5 hours.
--Alex

Hi Alex, there is a chance you will find interested parties, however this particular ride is fairly stable since we include riders of varying strengths and with different time constraints.
Several guys that ride with us do the occasional long ride on Sundays. Yabitsu is typically the goto route due to time.
But this thread specifically applies to the Saturday Morning loops.

Been A while since anyone has posted on this thread, so I just wanted everyone to know that this ride is still going on. We have got a great route with a bunch of good riders, so please come on out. If you are new to riding please come out to and we can show you the route to see if you like it and you'll have a great time.

Try and keep in mind that you wont become a better rider if you don't ride with better riders.

The Miura Loop is on, but this week without me. I wish I could join, especially looking at the weather of the next days. I might go for a spin on Sunday, IF the weather is on my side.
Anyway, a fun and safe ride to everyone on the roads tomorrow.

Last edited:
The loop is a tentative go....
Weather is the determining factor. Damp and not raining - should be a go.
If the rain continues and visibility for cars are limited - consider the ride cancelled.

I'm most likely still out for this week, but I really really hope to be back on the road next week.

Organized ride is off.
Still raining in Hayama and Yokosuka.

My schedule finally is a little more relaxed and I could make some room for road time. But looking at the weather radar makes me want to cry.
It will be another wheelless weekend for me and I haven't heard of anyone else riding tomorrow morning.
Anyway, in case anyone is still planning to head out for the Miura loop, please drop a line in this thread for the brave who might want to join.
Personally, I'm not brave and will look into some indoor sports and hope for sunshine next week.

A nice weekend to everyone.

Last edited:
Now, what is that? I woke up this morning after nice long sleep expecting it to rain all day today only to find the roads to be almost all dried up and pretty rideable.
Since my plans for today are fixed I won't get on my wheels today, but I'll wake up early tomorrow and check the weather. I know the forecast says rain, but so did it last night.
Anyway, if the roads are alright at around 0630 I'll good for a quick round in the usual Miura area.
You're more than welcome joining me. Just check this thread at around 0600-0630.

Alright, back to bed everyone, and dream of Le Tou de France. Le Tour de Miura is rained out.

Looks Like this Saturday is supposed to be amazing. I will be out there at the 7/11 at 0700 ready to ride.

Back
Top Bottom